Prop Pitch 28VDC motor RPU
Remote Power Unit for 28VDC motors up to 16A. Contains FET PWM controller, 28VDC Power Supply, relays, and interface mounted on a large aluminum plate and installed inside a NEMA rated fiberglass enclosure with three watertight access connectors. Attaches to 115/230 VAC mains, power cable not included. Requires RT-21r or our standard RT-21 model controller.
|Dimensions||14 × 14 × 6 in|
115 VAC, 230 VAC (no power cable)
Outdoor NEMA 4, Delete Enclosure (-$140.00)
This unit was specifically designed for Prop Pitch Rotators where long cable runs cause too much loss for desired operation using a RT-21pp. It can be installed at the base of the tower reducing the long run of high current requirement cable, OR with it’s higher capacity, it will overcome more of the IR loss of existing cable.
This unit requires an RT-21r for the controller, and 4 or 5 conductor of small guage cable to reach between the RT-21r and the RPU. A standard RT-21 also has the capability of interfacing with an RPU but the RT-21pp does not.
The RPU requires AC mains and is meant to be installed outdoors with it’s NEMA enclosure. For indoor mounting, or mounting in a larger equipment shelter, the enclosure may be deleted.
The RPU consists of a heavy duty dual winding transformer, rectifier, power control and reversal relays, connector block, fuses and a 40 amp PWM FET Drive module all mounted on a 9″ x 11″ x 3/16″ aluminum plate. As standard, the plate is mounted in a fiberglass NEMA enclosure with watertight fittings for cable entry. The enclosure may be painted for longer lasting outdoor protection.
- PWM speed control for high current 28VDC motors
- Massive 16A transformer with 25A rectifier and DC rated relays
- Fail-Safe design (similar to all RT-21) prevent run-away even with component/system failures
- Aluminum plate can be wall mounted or mounted inside equipment shelter
- Standard enclosure includes industrial water-tight cable feedthoughs
- Can be mounted anywhere between the controller and the rotator
- Small guage 6 conductor cable is all that is required between controller and RPU (CAT 5)
- Requires RT-21r or standard RT-21 for controller, all features of the controller are maintained
- Approx 14” x 12” x 6” HWD w/enclosure
- Approx 20 lb – Shipping = 22 lb w/enclosure
- 115/230 VAC 50/60 Hz @ 4/2 Amperes
- Barrier Strip for customer supplied power connections
- AC and DC side fuses (3AG)
- Protective Transorbs on Control Leads
- Fail-Safe Input Relay
- Motor Series Fusible .1 Ohm limiting resistors
- Motor – Barrier Strip
- Control – Phoenix Wire Connections
- Enclosure includes three watertight cable entrances
- Limited warranty, 1 Year parts and labor